The snow was three feet high in some places, but the drive was ploughed. That’s where I stood, a cigarette in my shaking hand, and music telling me things I wanted so badly to believe. I took a drag, put my head back, my eyes closed, and I let it out. With the exhale my eyes opened and I saw the stars fighting for a place in the cold night, the few clouds putting up a nice offense. The music was still yelling at me, and with the stars fighting so hard (I was convinced that they were fighting to see me; it had been a while since we had had one of our affairs), I started to believe the lyrics.
"It’s not too late, it’s never too late"
I took another drag and pushed the words out of my head, my eyes closing and making the world disappear once again. When I opened them the stars had lost their fight, and a few flecks of snow fell on my already iced over cheek.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are an AMAZING WRITER!!!!
~spaz~
I agree with spaz. The writing really gets you emotionally. You feel the emotions. I'm impressed. ANd jealous. Somehow, my writing never does that. *sigh*
By the way, nice 3DG reference. Only one of the greatest bands ever. And a great song as well.
~the supreme ruler of the universe :)
Post a Comment